Well, we really decided to do it. Move, that is.
We've talked about it long into the night, and it fits well.
We've always wanted to move, ever since we got married almost three years ago. We stayed here, which is near my parents and other family, and when you've got three children, two of whom are babies, having family close by, can be a blessing. In this case, it has.
But the cons of living here have grown, including but not limited to the following....
1) cost of living - we are currently renting and will never be able to buy a house around here
2) tons of SUV's - I despise hummers and the like, I feel unless one goes four-wheeling, or whatever it is one can do in an SUV, it's not necessary. Especially if you have one or fewer children.
3) lack of like-minded people - I'll be the first to admit, I'm crunchy. I only eat organics, prefer to eat only raw foods, like to be surrounded by vegan eateries, holistic healthcare practitioners, and tons of health food stores.
4) lack of land - everyone is moving INTO my small state, no one is leaving. There isn't much land left, and the trees lessen every year.
Of course, there are many many more, but those are the reasons of the day I have chosen to share in my blog.
It's March 8 already. I can't wait until warmer weather is upon us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment